Work With Us
Penshurst Place has a small Estate Office management team, and employs seasonal and part time staff for most business areas including visitor events, catering, banqueting & events, visitor services and retail.
To be added to our job alert list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Shop Assistant
We require a member of staff, preferably with retail experience, to work every Thursday and alternate Sundays in our Gift Shop. Candidates must also be willing to cover extra weekends, including Bank Holiday Sundays/Easter Sundays and ‘Handmade Fair’ weekends and to provide holiday/sickness cover. The hours will be:
- 10.30am – 6.15pm during Open Season
- 10.30am – 4.45pm during Winter Season (although this may be later when Santa is visiting!)
The ideal candidate should be able to provide friendly customer service and undertake some physical work such as lifting and moving boxes of stock.
Location: Penshurst Place & Gardens
Please apply with covering letter and C.V to: email@example.com
Catering and Events Staff
Kudos, the new partner caterers at Penshurst Place & Gardens, are seeking enthusiastic, experienced, and hands-on staff to join their team. Hours available will vary weekly, depending on booked events, with the busy season generally running from April – October.
Each role will include a variety of ‘front of house’ duties including:
- Food and drinks service (barista experience advantageous but not essential)
- Cash handling
- Waiting on tables
- Clearing tables and general cleaning
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene in all service areas
- Some light furniture moving
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A willingness to help in all areas
- Friendly customer service;
- Experience in hospitality/events industry (advantageous but not essential)
- Attention to detail
- good timekeeping skills
- A level of comfort or experience with tills and cashing up
- Attainment of Level 2 Food and Hygiene Safety (advantageous but not essential)
Candidates must also be able to work late at night and weekends for certain events and own transport is essential, due to remote location and potential unsociable hours.
Please apply with covering letter and C.V to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively, deliver a copy of each to a member of staff in the Porcupine Pantry.