Work With Us
Penshurst Place has a small Estate Office management team, and employs seasonal and part time staff for most business areas including visitor events, catering, banqueting & events, visitor services and retail.
To be added to our job alert list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Retail Supervisor for Kudos Catering
Hours – Full time, including weekends
Pay – Hourly, depending on experience
Reporting to – Deputy General Manager
Purpose of the post
To oversee all retail areas of the catering operation at the venue, and ensure operational efficiency on a day – to – day basis. To assist the retail manage with developing new business ideas, and ensuring an excellent customer & client relationship is maintained.
Duties and Tasks
- Assist the manager with direction, supervisor, motivation and discipline of unit staff members
- Ensure that the standard operating procedures are adhered to, including dress codes, meal breaks etc
- Keep staff busy and motivated during quiet times through service
- Effective communication with staff at all levels, including kitchen team, managers and staff
- Be responsible for checking bookings and group lunches on a day – to – day basis and ensure these are communicated to staff
Customers and Clients:
- Ensure a high standard of customer service is delivered at all times
- Pass requests and concerns immediately to line manager
- Understand and react efficiently to individual customer needs
Health and safety:
- Food & Beverage presentation and storage to be monitored daily, ensuring that food served is not a danger to the health of the consumer
- To follow, monitor and implement all health & safety procedures in line with our ISOs.
- Communicate and health and safety or maintenance issue to line manager
- To monitor cleanliness and hygiene across all catering outlets, both front and back of house
General and Other Duties:
- Assist with cashing up and till training
- Be responsible for opening and closing retail outlets, including signing closing procedures, paperwork etc, in line with company procedures
- Assist line manager with counting and inputting weekly stock take
The correct candidate will have the following attributes:
- Very organised
- Able to multitask
- Work calmly under pressure
- Be approachable / communicate well
- Dress smartly
- Able to take instruction
- Be flexible / work in different environments
- Good time keeping skills
They will have the following experience:
- Knowledge of the catering environment, minimum 1 year experience
- Experience within a retail catering outlet (café, restaurant etc)
- Experience in a leadership role desirable but not essential
Applications : CV and Cover letter to Jess, email@example.com
Interviews : week commencing 22nd January
Weddings & Banqueting Co-ordinator/ Administrator
A rare, full-time opportunity has arisen in our friendly, busy Weddings & Banqueting team at the historic Penshurst Place & Gardens.
Our beautiful estate hosts over 50 functions annually, from small family parties through to large weddings and major corporate events. They are run to the highest professional standard and Penshurst Place enjoys an excellent reputation in this field.
We are currently recruiting for a practical, hard-working Weddings & Banqueting Co-ordinator/Administrator who is an excellent all-rounder: a welcoming personality to conduct viewings and a first-class administrator with a keen eye for detail with an efficient, proactive attitude to run events.
SALARY: £20 - 22k, depending upon experience
HOURS: 40 hours over 5 days in a week (includes some weekend working which may include occasional late finishes into the early hours)
- To work in the department on all aspects of running weddings & banqueting events at Penshurst Place, reporting to the head of Weddings & Banqueting
- To handle enquiries, show prospective customers the facilities and to organise and co-ordinate events; following up enquiries and take responsibility for obtaining and completing bookings
- Check, update and prepare for events; maintaining all necessary records both paper and digital
- General administrative tasks, including preparing brochures and information packs
- To ensure that all events are planned and supervised to prevent any damage to the structure or decoration of Penshurst Place, the gardens or parkland
- Oversee weddings and events on the event day
- To work closely with the contract caterers and all other service providers to ensure that their contribution meets the quality standards expected
- Some physical work/manual handling involved
- Represent the company at occasional trade fairs and networking events
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Experience of event organisation, with an ability to prioritise
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong PC skills and experience of general office/administration work, with ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programmes
- Conscientious & self-motivated
- Sales experience would be an advantage
- First-aid trained would be advantageous (if not, training will be given)
- Local knowledge is desirable
Own transport is required, as the venue is not served by public transport at the time which staff are required.
The role will include a large proportion of office-based tasks.
Closing date for applications: close of business on 22 January 2018
Anticipated interview dates: 5 – 15 February 2018
How to apply:
For an opportunity to work in this lovely setting with an enthusiastic team, please send a cover email explaining your suitability for the role, quoting ref WB02, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Nikki Donovan, Head of Weddings & Banqueting, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Penshurst, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 8DG
We look forward to hearing from you.