Work With Us
Penshurst Place has a small Estate Office management team, and employs seasonal and part time staff for most business areas including visitor events, catering, banqueting & events, visitor services and retail.
Apprentice Horticulture & Landscape Operative Level 2
We are currently seeking a Garden Apprentice to work alongside our Gardens team under the direction of the Head Gardener.
Duties will vary on a day-to-day basis as directed by the Head Gardener or the Assistant Head Gardener and will include general amenity maintenance duties using hand tools, light machinery and mechanical appliances, and other key seasonal horticultural tasks which also includes some greenhouse work.
General garden maintenance duties using hand tools including:
- Ground preparation for planting, digging, forking, hoeing, weeding, pruning (including fruit trees), edging of lawns, mulching, sweeping and litter picking
Mechanical appliance use including:
- Hedge cutting, pedestrian and powered mowing operations (including cylinder, rotary, flail and strimming), and leaf blowing and their maintenance
There will also be opportunities for:
- Laying of turf, application of granular fertilisers, tree, shrub and herbaceous planting, greenhouse work including watering, seed sowing and propagation, and potting up
- Experience of supporting Penshurst events
- Interacting with members of the public in a garden
Closing date: 27th November