Work With Us
Penshurst Place has a small Estate Office management team, and employs seasonal and part time staff for most business areas including visitor events, catering, banqueting & events, visitor services and retail.
We are currently recruiting!
Forge Stores Supervisor
Closing date 2nd June 2023.
Full time position within our Retail department
Do you have ample experience in retail and a passion for all things local? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for someone to fill this new Supervisor role, working closely with our Head of Retail, of the Penshurst Place Estate.
· Working any 5 of 7 days a week. (40 hours)
· Managing the day to day running of the Forge Stores in Penshurst High Street.
· Responsible for managing and training staff including rotas.
· Ordering of stock, inputting and updating stock on the computer system (Gamma)
· Displaying products
· Serving customers
· Salary based on experience.
For more information or to apply please email with a covering letter and CV: email@example.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £22,000.00 per year
We are looking for a Kitchen porter to join our hospitality team. This is an essential role within the kitchen team, and you will be working alongside our highly experienced Head Chef.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Able to work in a team, and equally be able to work on their own on some occasions
- Happy with some heavy lifting
- Able to follow all instructions given
- Have some knowledge of kitchen safety laws, although full training will be provided
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zero hour contract
- Working any 5 of 7 days including some weekends
- 24 hours per week min.
- Some evening work may be required
Immediate start date available
- Assist the Head Chef in completing the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules, which includes, but not limited to:
- Cleaning fridges and freezers
- Cleaning the dishwasher
- Sanitising all surfaces
- Cleaning ovens
- Cleaning hops and counter tops
- Keeping floors clean
- Put away deliveries and be responsible for recording the delivery note
- Keep food storage areas tidy and food safety compliant
- Ensure cleaning practices are within the companies food safety policy
- Report to head chef when chemicals need ordering
- Ensuring all doors are locked and keys stored if last person out
- Washing up plates, glasses, cutlery
- Washing up all kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Polishing crockery
- Changing the bins as necessary
- Clearing the fat trap on a weekly basis
- Assist the chef in basic food preparation
- Moving food from store areas to kitchens
- Organising fridges and freezers
- Dependent on experience and discussed at interview